Registry aspires to maintain an excellent reputation for its knowledge, experience and professionalism. We will develop the operational and strategic functions of the University through effective communication using a collaborative and proactive approach. We will empower staff in Registry to provide the highest quality service to support the University in positioning itself at the forefront of the higher education sector.
We work closely with the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Teaching and Learning) and the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise) and we are responsible for all quality assurance matters relating to existing courses and the development of new courses whether they be delivered directly by the University or through Collaborative Provision initiatives. In addition Registry is responsible for the management and oversight of student regulatory matters for taught and research provision, as well as for the organisation of the University’s Graduation Ceremonies. Our areas of responsibility include:
- Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) Audits
- Validation and revalidation of taught courses
- Annual Evaluation of taught courses
- Academic integrity, appeals, complaints, fitness to study, fitness to practice and disciplinary matters
- Academic policies, procedures and regulations
- The management of the University’s examination schedule
- Graduation Ceremonies
- External Examining arrangements
- The production and distribution of Degree Certificates and Diploma Supplements
- Administrative oversight of University Quality Committees
We would like to take this opportunity to remind users of our service that we have an Unacceptable Behaviour Policy which we may use if our service users display unreasonable or vexatious behaviours.