Students' Handbook of Regulations
Enrolment on a course at the University is deemed to constitute acceptance of these Regulations.
The website address for this handbook is provided to all students registering on courses of the University.
Continuing students should visit the Registry website at the start of each academic year to view any changes to the regulations.
Download the app
If you want a quick reference guide, you can download the B SHoR app from the app store today or download the Students' Handbook of Regulations 2016. Alternatively, you can look up the relevant section below.
Students' Handbook of Regulations August 2016 Edition
2016 Introduction - includes information on amendments and additions to any previous version of the handbook.
2016 Section 1 - General Requirements
2016 Section 2 - Relavant Policies (Attendance Monitoring Policy; Social Media & Communications Policy; Lecture Capture Policy; Proof Reading Policy)
2016 Section 3 - Assessment and Examinations
Section 4 - Assessment Regulations
- 2016 Section 4 AR1 - Arrangements for formal examinations and assignments
- 2016 Section 4 AR2 - Conduct of candidates in examinations and assignments
- 2016 Section 4 AR3 - Academic Integrity
- 2016 Section 4 AR 4 - Action following a report of an Academic Integrity to the Academic Integrity Officer or Deputy
- 2016 Section 4 AR5 - Appeal against a decision related to an Academic Integrity Offence
- 2016 Section 4 AR6 - Publication of the results of assessments
- 2016 Section 4 AR7 - Appeal against a decision of an Assessment Board
- 2016 Section 4 AR8 - Retention of records, scripts, coursework, etc
- 2016 Section 4 AR9 - Research misconduct for candidates registered on an approved course of supervised research
- 2016 Section 4 AR 10 - Appeal against the decision of a progression monitoring panel (students on approved course of supervised research)
- 2016 Section 4 AR 11 - Appeal against the recommendation of examiners (students on approved course of supervised research)
2016 Section 5 - Guidelines for students on the procedures for handling claims that extenuating circumstances should be taken into account when their performance is being assessed
2016 Section 6 - Fitness to Study Policy and Procedure
2016 Section 7 - The suspension and expulsion of students from the University on academic grounds
2016 Section 8 - Student Disciplinary Procedures
2016 Section 9 - Student Complaints Procedure
2016 Section 10 - Regulation governing breach of professional standards and professional conduct
2016 Section 11 - Regulations governing the use of Computing Facilities
2016 Section 12 - Regulations governing use of the University Library
2016 Appendix 1 - The Regulations for Awards, Section E: The assessment of students on courses of study
2016 Appendix 2- The Regulations for Awards, Section F: Regulations governing Research Degrees and Research Diplomas
2016 Appendix 3 - Academic Integrity Tariff of Penalties
2016 Appendix 4 - Honours Classification Calculation
2016 Appendix 5 - Education Act 1994: Code of Practice Implementing Section 22